Why become a member?
One membership fee covers all our markets. For $35.00 you can become a member of a farmer and artisan owned cooperative that can increase your sales and reduce your overhead. Becoming a member:
- Reduces rates for season vendors and day vendors
- Gives you a profile page on our website
- Gives you a voice and a vote in the operation of the Adirondack Farmers’ Market Cooperative
- Covers your farmers’ market site with General Liability Insurance. (Please note that if a member is injured, the insurance only covers customers, not the member. AFMC farmers and artisans need to carry their own liability insurance.)
- Makes fruit and vegetable producers eligible to apply to accept Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program coupons for WIC recipients and Senior citizens. Some markets accept SNAP benefits cards
- Offers you the chance to set up and sell at other craft shows and events sponsored by AFMC
- Keeps you connected with Cornell Cooperative Extension offices
- Links you automatically to Adirondack Harvest which has programs to aid farmers and encourages consumers to buy locally.
- Makes you a member of the Farmers Market Federation of NY, a source for product liability insurance
- Allows you to buy products from other farmers and artisans and resell them at AFMC markets
- Allows you to join together with other farmers and artisans to share booth space